Gmail has been very popular these days and is used by a lot of people because of its reliable and satisfying email services. It is known to be a web-based email service that will cater to all your email needs and services. Knowing to be web-based, google mail allows you to save your email messages using the internet so that you can access it anywhere using any device as long as there is an internet connection. A lot of people across the globe are users of Gmail and they truly enjoy and can benefit from their services. Aside from email services, you can also use your Gmail account to access other accounts.
Gmail has been very useful; in fact, it can even allow you to access your other accounts like Hotmail, Yahoo mail and outlook. If you have multiple accounts, you can check them all in Gmail because it can act as an email client and allows you to get email from other email accounts for as long as they support POP access.
Table of Contents
Access other accounts using your Gmail, just follow these steps
- First is, you have to set-up an email fetcher. Gmail’s Mail Fetcher feature first imports all your old messages to Gmail and then continues to bring in new messages sent to your other account. You can add up to 5 accounts, including Gmail and other email providers. To do this, from the drop down menu, navigate to “Settings “and click “Accounts “on top of Settings page.
- In the “Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)” section, click the “Add a POP3 mail account you own” link.
- After that, the dialog box “Add a mail account you own” appears. Enter the email address for which you want to receive emails in your Gmail account in the “Email address” edit box and after that, Click “Next step.”
- Enter the settings for your other email account, such as the “Username,” “Password,” “POP Server,” and the “Port.”
- If you still want to be able to check email for your other account in other email clients on other computers, select the “Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server” check box.
- If you are importing emails from different Gmail or google apps address, open the Gmail account you want to import from. At the top right, click the gear, select Settings then select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, in the “POP Download” section, select Enable POP for all mail in the drop-down menu next to “2. When messages are accessed with POP,” choose what to do with messages in this account, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox (recommended). At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
- If you are importing emails from a different email provider, open your Gmail account, at the top right, click the gear, select Settings, select the Accounts and Import tab. In the “Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)” section, click Add a POP3 mail account you own. Enter the full email address of the other account, and then click Next Step and enter your password. Choose your preferred option and click add account.
Can you forward e-mail from one gmail account to another?
If you are using 2 or more email which are mandatory requirements for your work or study, it can be very difficult to check mail because you have to login to each account to check mail. Instead, you can create a forwarding email, it means, email which are sent to this account will be automatically forwarded to the other. Then by logging into one Gmail account, you can check all messages sent to other emails.
In this article, I will guide you how to install this feature in Gmail of Google.
First, login Gmail account and go to Settings icon -> Settings
In Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, click “Add a forwarding address”.
Enter the email you want to forward, it means the email which will receive the email sent to the email you are logging in.
Select Next then click Proceed until it displays Verification code sent to confirm the right. Then, log in newly-added Gmail account to get the verification code.
Then back to the present email and enter the verification code and click Confirm to complete.
Continue to choose Forwarding the backup copy of incoming message to.. Do not forget to save your settings before exiting. However this email forwarding may contain potential risks of security, so you should choose a forwarded email which will receive mail (important mail) from other email, and the main email should be set 2 layers protection mode.
How to transfer your Gmail messages from old to new Gmail account
For many different reasons, you want to remove the mail address which is being used and want to move the entire messages you had to a newly-registered mail address. This function has already been in Gmail for you.
Step 1: Log into the old mail, select Settings
Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP = Enable POP for all mail in the POP Download section.
Click Save Changes to save.
Step 2: Login new Gmail account, select Settings – Accounts Card – Add a POP3 mail account you own in Check Email from other accountssection to receive email from other accounts.
Fill old email address in Email address = Next Step
Fill in all the information of your old account.
- Username: The old Username.
- Password: The old Password
- POP Server: Select pop.gmail.com
Click Add Account to add the account.
In the next dialog box, select Yes, I want to be … if you want to receive messages from your old Email account by the new account and use the old email address to reply.
At this stage, you’ve got all the old mail in hand, if you want to reply and send messages using the old mail address through old mail, continue these steps.
Enter the old email address and select Specify a different “Reply-to” address to specify another email address to reply.
This step is to confirm that you are the owner of this email address, click Send Verification for Gmail to send a verification code.
Log in to the old Gmail to get the code and paste it into Click on the link in the new account = Verify.
After all mentioned steps, you just have to wait for the entire mail to be forwarded to the “new home”, speed depends on the number of mail available.